You need an Environmental Assessment if you are a company or a publicly funded institution that would like to:
- Initiate a Sustainable development approach but you do not know how to start the process or which standard or certification to choose;
- Implement a Sustainable development system based on a certification that you have already identified but you are unsure how to enter into this sustainable development management process (e.g. regulatory certifications, ISO 45001, MASE, eco-labels, organic certification, Organic Agriculture (AB label in France);
- Analyse how well and to what degree an environmental approach is already implemented in your organization.
There are two main reasons for conducting an Safety Assessment:
To carry out a quick primary assessment of:
- The selected objectives and reasons that lead you into adopting an environmentally-aware approach;
- Your company’s, institution’s or business unit’s strengths and weaknesses in terms of sustainable development management;
- The standard or regulatory certification that is appropriate for your company.
To act as a pre-requisite to the implementation of a certification or recognition process of the different certifications available:
- ISO 14001 ;
- Ecolabels ;
- Agriculture Biologique (AB) ;
- Autres… relatif à votre secteur d’activité.
The Environmental Assessment is a short term service.
It takes the form of one or two days of auditing depending on the scope chosen, the size, the activities and the means of your company.